Windows vista disappointment

Just a couple of days ago, I took my hands onto the release version of Vista.

I have to say that I´ve been quite sceptic about installing vista, but finally I tried. In order to not interfering too much in my desktop computers, I tried to install it in my laptop (over a previous XP installation).

The installation process finished flawlessly. Slow, but flawless. After I booted for the first time, I realised that everything was very slow. And I mean veeeeeery slow.

In part, it is due to the hardware specs of my laptop: Pentium IV 2.8 Ghz, 512 Mb RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700. I know that 512Mb are not enough at all for vista , but... man! So slow?May be the lack of performance is also due to the second problem I´ve found. The damn Code 43 error.

No matter what I try, but I cannot make the O.S. load the ATI card´s driver properly. Im trying with the new Catalyst 7.1 drivers. The install process works Ok, but after reboot the driver does not load properly and the card is not recognized.

Any help on this would be really appreciated !!!!

Cheers!